For Sport Commissioners & Managers
Deep Run understands the need for immediate access to account balances to plan for tournaments, equipment, team functions, etc. As a result, we have developed the following procedures to help ensure a timely and accurate account of team balances.
- To ensure deposits are recorded timely
- To ensure Payment requests are recorded timely
- A monthly audit performed on all accounts
- Ensure, if applicable, the transfer of funds to pay coaches is completed timely
Each team treasurer will need a Google account.
Deep Run will share a Google spreadsheet that can be accessed anytime.
The treasurer will not have access to edit or comment. This is view only.
- Create a Google account. This is free!
- Once you have a Google Email, please forward your address to Michelle Bogle.
- The spreadsheet file will be “shared” with you
- You will have access to view only this file.
- Once the document is shared, it will be in your Shared file. You can access it whenever you need to review your account.
- Each Treasurer is required to keep their own records.
- Records should be recorded in a spreadsheet or another accounting system.
- All deposits and payments should be recorded in the spreadsheet or accounting system.
- Any discrepancies for or against the account should be directed to Michelle Bogle via email.
- To ensure proper payment is made, please complete the new “Payment Request” form.
- Once your form is completed, please email it to Michelle Bogle.
- Mike will cut a check based on this request.
- Please ensure all information is accurate.
- The accounting spreadsheet will be updated once this payment is made. This will be your confirmation of payment.
- Deep Run Tournaments
- Michelle Bogle will deduct the applicable cost from the account automatically. Please ensure you have funds available for this.
- Payments will be reflected in the accounting spreadsheet.
- Invoices: At times, teams may use facilities such as PHS Turf. PHS will invoice Deep Run directly. For these transactions, Michelle Bogle will automatically deduct the team portion of the cost.
- Payment will be reflected in the accounting spreadsheet.
- To ensure proper recording of deposits is made, please complete the new “Deposit” Form.
- The form has two sections; 1 half you keep, and the other is given with the checks.
- Once your form is complete, cash/checks will be given to Michelle Bogle. Payments also may be mailed to P.O. Box 380, Hilltown, PA 18927.
- Michelle will then record the deposit into the accounting spreadsheet.
- Account treasurer should record their payments in their accounting system (i.e., excel spreadsheet, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Make sure checks are made payable to Deep Run or DVRSA
- Ensure that the amount written out is the correct amount. The banks look at the amount written out, not the number in the box.
- Checks are signed
- For your security, make copies of checks and record who gives you the payment.
- Joe Mauer will complete a monthly audit and report discrepancies to the team treasurer and Michelle Bogle.
- Discrepancies are to be resolved within five business days.
- Accounts will be reflected with resolution.